Einhorn, who runs the hedge fund Greenlight Capital, released the positions in his 13F, a form filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. He also bought CA (CA), Best Buy (BBY) and Omnivision Technologies (OVTI).
During the fourth quarter, Einhorn purchased 14.1 million shares of Dell, 2.92 million shares of RIM, and just over 3 million shares in Yahoo! He has previously had a stake in Yahoo!, but sold it after the company ran into problems with its holding in Alibaba Group. That has since been resolved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV