PORTLAND, Ore., Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Blount International, Inc. [NYSE: "BLT"] ("Blount" or the "Company") announced today that Andrew W. York has been hired as Senior Vice President, Global Sales and Marketing, for its Forestry and Lawn & Garden (FLAG) division. Mr. York will join Blount's Senior Leadership Team and will be based at the Company's headquarters in Portland, Oregon. Mr. York joins Blount after 10 years with Leupold & Stevens, Inc., where he served as Vice President – Sales, Marketing & Technology, and after more than 20 years of experience in related fields. In his new role, Mr. York will lead the development of marketing and sales strategies to drive further growth of Blount's FLAG division brands – Oregon® and Carlton® – through enhanced sales in new channels, products, and geographies."Andy's expertise in marketing strategy, brand positioning, and product innovation will drive the continued expansion of our FLAG business globally," stated Josh Collins, Blount's Chairman and CEO. "We look forward to Andy's contributions in developing and launching market-driven, innovative products and strategic marketing and sales programs."Blount is a global manufacturer and marketer of replacement parts, equipment, and accessories for the forestry, lawn and garden; farm, ranch and agriculture; and construction markets, and is the market leader in manufacturing saw chain and guide bars for chainsaws. Blount sells its products in more than 115 countries around the world. For more information about Blount, please visit our website at http://www.blount.com.
SOURCE Blount International, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV