Now, I would like to turn the call over to the Chief Financial Officer of BBSI, Mr. Jim Miller. Sir, please go ahead.
James D. Miller
Thank you, Christina. And depending upon where you are dialing-in from good morning or afternoon everyone. I’d like to preface my remarks about our financial results with two quick comments. First, no doubt many of you have noted documents filed with the SEC by Kimberly Sheretz widow of our former CEO, Bill Sheretz announcing her desire to replace five of our current directors with her handpicked nominees.
Our focus for today’s call is to provide you with a perspective of your management team on BBSI’s financial results for the fourth quarter of 2011, and the full year, as well as the future direction of our business. Accordingly, we do not intend to comment or answer questions about Ms. Sheretz’s public statements or her request at the Board of Directors to call a special stockholders’ meeting.Second, I would like to mention that yesterday’s earnings release summarizes our revenues and cost of revenues on a net revenue basis as required by Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Most of our comments today, however, will be based upon gross revenues in various relationship to gross revenues because we believe such information is one, informative as to the level of our business activity; two, more useful in managing and analyzing our operation; and three, add more transparency to the trends within our business. Comments related to gross revenues is compared to a net revenue basis of reporting have no effect on gross margin dollars, SG&A expenses or net income.Turning now to the fourth quarter results, total gross revenues increased 23% to $424 million compared to the fourth quarter of 2010. California, which comprised approximately 84% of our overall fourth quarter gross revenues, increased 27% due to the continued growth from new PEO customers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV