When you see a stock that's hitting new 52-week highs it often means that the uptrend is very strong and the buyers are in full control (and the opposite for stocks setting new 52-week lows), momentum traders and often look at the 52-week high lists to find new trading ideas. Keep in mind, though, that new highs can also mean that the stock is overbought or has run up too far too fast.
That's why it's important before you make an investing or trading decision to combine a number of technical indicators with fundamental trends, discipline and sound money management.Let's take a closer look at several stocks that hit new 52-week highs today. UnitedHealth Group UnitedHealth Group (UNH) is a diversified health and well-being company. This stock is trading up 0.59% at $54.18 in recent trading after hitting a 52-week of $54.41 earlier in the day. Today's Range: $53.60-$54.41 52-Week Range: $41.27-$54.24 Volume: 3.4 million Three-Month Average Volume: 6.7 million UnitedHealth Group has a market cap of $58.27 billion and an enterprise value of $57.52 billion. The stock trades at a trailing price-to-earnings of 11.46 and a forward price-to-earnings of 9.96. Its estimated growth rate for this year is 1.50%, and for next year it's pegged at 13.3%. The current short interest as a percentage of the float for UnitedHealth Group is rather low at just 1.10%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV