3. Rewarding Shareholders
Despite Apple's $97 billion cash hoard, the company hasn't paid a dividend in years.
But while Jobs resisted rewarding shareholders with a dividend, it's speculated that Cook may soon consider one.
In his first comments as CEO during an October earnings call, Cook said that he wasn't "religious about holding or not holding cash."More than 70% of respondents to a recent poll believe Apple should start paying out a dividend. -- Written by Olivia Oran in New York.
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV