NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The markets recovered from their lows Tuesday and closed mixed.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 4.21, or 0.03%, to 12,878.28. The S&P lost 1.21, or 0.09%, to 1350.50. The Nasdaq gained 0.44, or 0.02%. to 2931.83.
CNBC's "Fast Money" TV show began with some whale watching. First up was Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B). CNBC reporter Brian Sullivan said Berkshire Hathaway said in its 13-D that it had established new positions in Davita (DVA) and Liberty Media (LMCA) and added to its stakes in Directv (DTV), CVS Caremark (CVS), Coca Cola (KO) and General Dynamics (GD).
For a breakout of some stocks from a recent "Fast Money" TV show, check out Dan Fitzpatrick's "3 Stocks I Saw on TV."
3 Stocks I Saw on TV
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV