Both of the companies received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The ccoud computing software maker reported fourth-quarter earnings Tuesday of $25 million, or 18 cents a share, on revenue of $283.3 million in revenue. Analysts were expecting earnings of 15 cents a share on revenue of $281 million.The stock was upgraded to buy from hold by Benchmark analysts on Tuesday. "Rackspace traded to $52 after-hours, or 16x 2012E [earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization]," Benchmark analysts wrote in a report Tuesday. "But as the pure-play cloud leader with robust operating momentum and 30% organic EBITDA growth, we believe the stock can go higher." Shares of Rackspace hit a 52-week high Tuesday of $55.26. The stock's 52-week low of $30.34 was set on Oct. 4. Rackspace has a forward P/E of 47.69; the average for Internet companies is 23.57. For comparison, Akamai (AKAM) and IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) both have lower forward P/Es of 20.65 and 14.08, respectively. Thirteen of the 21 analysts have a buy rating on Rackspace. Seven analysts said it's a hold and one rated it a sell. Rackspace gets a B grade from TheStreet Ratings and a $65.17 price target. The stock has increased 27.37% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV