- Growing confidence in alternative measurements. While Nielsen data remains the most trusted data source for TV media purchasing decisions, marketers express a growing faith in set-top-box data. Seventy-two percent of respondents believe the quality and accuracy of set-top-box data will improve in the next few years, and 47 percent see unique visitors/watchers as the eventual industry standard for cross-platform audience measurement.
- Experimentation with advanced ad placements. Nearly half of respondents are testing or planning to test advanced TV ad placements in the next 12 months via platforms such as video on connected TVs. With the growth of second screens, 18 percent of respondents have already implemented synchronized ads, and another 31 percent will try out this strategy in 2012.
- Prioritization of digital ad spending. Digital remains a top priority for respondents. Seventy percent plan to spend more on web ads this year, followed closely by social media and mobile. In fact, mobile ads top the list of video alternatives to the linear 30-second spot that respondents will likely spend more on in 2012.
- Improved perception of agency skills relative to TV. Compared to 2010, respondents view their agency partners as better equipped to help navigate the changing TV ad landscape. Sixty-two percent of respondents, a 10 percent increase over 2010, believe their media agency is well-equipped in this arena.
ANA/Forrester Survey: TV Advertising Effectiveness Is On The Upswing
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.