Express Scripts (ESRX) is essentially forming the exact same setup right now. As with PAY, shares of this pharmacy benefit manager have been testing a resistance level into the fourth quarter of 2011, only to break out at the start of the year.
ESRX is no stranger to throwbacks -- in fact, shares actually staged a minor one immediately after the breakout above $48 in January. Now a second (more textbook) throwback is coming into play.
For Express Scripts, there's some added assurance that a throwback in shares will be successful. For starters, that $48 support level isn't just the breakout price, it's also the level where the 50 and 200-day moving averages are converging. That added support increases the probability that support will hold at $48.Also in our favor is the fact that momentum, as measured by the 14-day RSI, is locked in an uptrend at the moment despite the return to test support. Regardless of those supporting factors, we'll still want to see a bounce before buying ESRX becomes a high-probability trade. Express Scripts, one of 8 Big Acquirers of 2011, shows upon a list of 8 UBS Stock Picks for 2012. I also featured it recently in "7 Hot Stocks on Traders' Radars." Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV