BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- It looks like investors are getting some love this Valentine's Day.
Major indices might be dipping into the red this morning, but investors have been swooning over stocks since the beginning of the new year. And those who bought into the rally are up around 7.5% for their trouble. That's a prodigious rally for the first month and a half of 2012.
So is this relationship going to last? At this point, at least, it looks pretty put together. The S&P 500 has been locked above key resistance since the start of the year, sending a bullish signal to technicians that buyers are in control of the market. At the same time, the fact that traders have been shrugging off news from Europe speaks to the positive sentiment that remains in the equity market right now.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV