TheStreet asked readers when they thought Apple shares would double from here, hitting $1,000: 67.1% of the more than 3,000 poll participants said they expected Apple shares to double within the next or three years. Both the two- and three-year answers received exactly the same number of votes.
Just 2.7% of those who took the poll expected Apple to double in the next six months. Should Apple double in value, it would be worth nearly $1 trillion in market cap making it far and away the most valuable company in America. About 8.5% of the voters expect Apple will see the $1,000 mark in one year.
Apple will never see the $1,000 level said 21.7% of voters, perhaps because of stock-splits or an inability to increase its market cap to that level.Apple shares were higher Tuesday, up 0.15% to $503.35. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. Check out our new tech blog, Tech Trends. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/commodity_bull. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Updated from 11:39 a.m. EST to provide executive comments regarding fourth quarter guidance in the second paragraph.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV