HOPKINTON, Mass., Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC is extending the simplicity and efficiency of its award-winning EMC ® VNXe™ unified storage system to remote or branch office deployments with a new feature, Unisphere™ Remote, for EMC Unisphere software for VNXe.
- Customers can configure and add five remote VNXe storage systems per minute to Unisphere Remote, and monitor over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems from a single console.
- The new remote feature for EMC Unisphere is free and available to any VNXe customer, facilitating management of remote VNXe storage system deployments – whether they have a dozen remote systems or a 1,000 or more.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today extended the simplicity of its award-winning EMC VNXe unified storage systems for remote or branch office deployments with a new central monitoring capability for EMC Unisphere software, enabling the simple management of over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems. Unisphere Remote is designed for simplicity, enabling IT generalists monitoring remote sites to simply install at its central facility and monitor their remote VNXe storage. This further extends the management efficiencies of the EMC VNXe, and is designed to manage medium to large scale remote VNXe environments.
It's typical for most remote or branch office deployments to have minimal, if any, storage expertise at remote sites. Unisphere Remote enables users to monitor remote VNXe's from a central location and add five VNXe's per minute to the central monitoring console during initial deployment without any remote, manual intervention.
- Simplicity: Unisphere Remote enables VNXe storage systems in remote or branch office deployments to be monitored from a single console. The new Unisphere feature is available as a free download, delivered as a bundled virtual (VMware) application.
- Efficiency: Centralized management allows users to track over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems in real-time. Storage experts are not required at each remote site. Users can configure and add up-to five remote VNXe's to the central site in just one minute. Once configured, the central site can monitor the VNXe storage systems to track capacity utilizations, VNXe performance data and other VNXe system alarms/alerts related to health and status, thus facilitating overall management tasks, providing faster response and minimizing errors in remedial actions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV