Feb. 14, 2012
- EMC is extending the simplicity and efficiency of its award-winning EMC ® VNXe™ unified storage system to remote or branch office deployments with a new feature, Unisphere™ Remote, for EMC Unisphere software for VNXe.
- Customers can configure and add five remote VNXe storage systems per minute to Unisphere Remote, and monitor over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems from a single console.
- The new remote feature for EMC Unisphere is free and available to any VNXe customer, facilitating management of remote VNXe storage system deployments – whether they have a dozen remote systems or a 1,000 or more.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today extended the simplicity of its award-winning EMC VNXe unified storage systems for remote or branch office deployments with a new central monitoring capability for EMC Unisphere software, enabling the simple management of over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems. Unisphere Remote is designed for simplicity, enabling IT generalists monitoring remote sites to simply install at its central facility and monitor their remote VNXe storage. This further extends the management efficiencies of the EMC VNXe, and is designed to manage medium to large scale remote VNXe environments.
It's typical for most remote or branch office deployments to have minimal, if any, storage expertise at remote sites. Unisphere Remote enables users to monitor remote VNXe's from a central location and add five VNXe's per minute to the central monitoring console during initial deployment without any remote, manual intervention.
- Simplicity: Unisphere Remote enables VNXe storage systems in remote or branch office deployments to be monitored from a single console. The new Unisphere feature is available as a free download, delivered as a bundled virtual (VMware) application.
- Efficiency: Centralized management allows users to track over 1,000 remote VNXe storage systems in real-time. Storage experts are not required at each remote site. Users can configure and add up-to five remote VNXe's to the central site in just one minute. Once configured, the central site can monitor the VNXe storage systems to track capacity utilizations, VNXe performance data and other VNXe system alarms/alerts related to health and status, thus facilitating overall management tasks, providing faster response and minimizing errors in remedial actions.