WALLDORF, Germany, Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has been positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Leaders quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management (MRM) report.(1) SAP was recognized as a leader based on its "completeness of vision" and "ability to execute."
Gartner defines MRM as a set of processes and capabilities designed to enhance a company's ability to orchestrate and optimize internal and external marketing resources. According to the report, "MRM applications enable companies to:
- Plan and budget for marketing activities and programs (strategic planning and financial management).
- Create and develop marketing programs and content (creative production management).
- Collect and manage content and knowledge (digital asset, content and knowledge management).
- Fulfill and distribute marketing assets, content and collateral (marketing fulfillment).
- Measure, analyze and optimize marketing performance (MRM analytics)."(1)
According to Gartner, MRM is "expanding within organizations in three ways (1) global expansion, (2) increase in number of users within a region and (3) broadening MRM capabilities across the five areas of MRM competencies. Gartner also sees MRM moving firmly into the midmarket, with more midmarket organizations adopting MRM, particularly the SaaS and hosted deployment options."(1)"Our goal is to help companies deliver a consistent customer experience across all touch points and meet the demands of increasingly savvy customers," said Anthony Leaper, senior vice president and general manager, Line of Business Customer Solutions, SAP. "The path to delivering a better customer experience often starts with marketing. SAP software helps companies boost customer loyalty while making the most of marketing resources such as budgets, people, time and the brand — with better segmentation, personalized offers and collaboration to optimize all marketing activities." Part of SAP® Business Suite software, the SAP® Customer Relationship Management (SAP CRM) application enables companies to provide excellent customer experiences and maximize the effectiveness of every customer interaction across sales, marketing, service, finance, supply chain, logistics, manufacturing and human resources. For more information, visit the Customer Experience Edge website, www.360customerview.com or the SAP Newsroom. Follow SAP on Twitter at @sapnews and @sapcrm . (1) Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Marketing Resource Management" by Kimberly Collins, 30 January 2012. Disclaimer: Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV