VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Westridge Resources Inc. (TSX-V: WST) (the " Company") announces a diamond drill program has commenced on its Charay Project in western Mexico. Westridge Resources has contracted Major Drilling Group International to undertake a 2,000 meter core drilling program.
This drilling program will test the El Padre vein at depth below the previous drilling, and further test the extension of the mineralized vein strike to the east
"We are pleased to have a solid drill contractor such as Major Drilling on site at Charay," comments John Dreier, Chief Geologist for Westridge Resources. "So far, each step of our exploration program on the property has been very encouraging. Our exploration programs have indicated potential for bonanza gold and silver grades, significant vein widths, and have expanded the potential of the system by identifying a much larger strike length. And still, we have explored much less than one percent of our land package. This drill program will be the first exploration program to drill test the main El Padre vein system to a depth greater than 40-50 meters. This will also be the first drill test for the major mineralized strike extensions of the El Padre vein system which Westridge has previously identified."
Earlier drilling by previous workers provided an initial near surface test over a 240 meters strike length of the main El Padre vein structure. Drill holes penetrated to a maximum depth of some 40-50 meters. In 2011 Westridge drilled three confirmatory drill holes. Results from these confirmatory drill holes were reported previously and demonstrated the presence of bonanza grades in the El Padre system (0.75meters at 204 gpt Au and 445 gpt Ag) and thicker zones of high grade (9.8meters at 18.78 gpt Au and 48.0 gpt Ag). True widths of these intersections are not precisely known at this early stage of exploration.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV