NEW YORK, Feb. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dow Jones today introduced News Analytics, a series of product solutions to help traders, quantitative analysts and risk managers build better, more predictable trading models based on news sentiment. News sentiment analytics quantify the impact of market-moving news, in real time or coupled with historical news models.
For more information about news analytics and how it is used by institutional traders, view this video http://bit.ly/NewsAnalytics.
News Analytics combines Dow Jones' world-class business news content with key technology partners including Alexandria, Digital Trowel, RavenPack and SemLab. Dow Jones has created a series of options to suit a wide range of content, technology and analysis preferences in the market and best support the development of clients' long- and short-term models and risk strategies.
"Machine-readable news and news sentiment are established trading tools, but there have been significant leaps forward in the use and the sophistication of algo trading and sentiment models, coupled with advances in low-latency news delivery," said Rob Passarella, vice president, Dow Jones Financial Markets. "Given the interest we have seen from clients in our elementized news and news sentiment products, we developed integrated product and technology solutions that cover the gamut of trading models and delivery options."News Analytics features and partners include:
- Dow Jones Lexicon – Proprietary sentiment dictionary used to create custom sentiment models
- Alexandria – Sentiment assessment for any asset class with advanced language capabilities
- Digital Trowel – Sentiment analytics using human-developed rules-based learning and machine-based learning
- RavenPack – News analytics featuring relevance, novelty, event and sentiment detection
- SemLab – Semantic analysis platform with customizable news analysis and sentiment solutions
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV