BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The Moody's downgrade of six European countries leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Tuesday, Feb. 14.
Tuesday's 5 Biggest Stories
Portugal, Italy and Spain and cuts the outlook for the U.K. and France. The market yawns.
Despite the downgrade,
Spain easily auctions $7 billion in short-term debt.
Italy even managed to auction off 12 billion euros as rates declined.
Company NewsApple (AAPL) is working on a tablet with a smaller screen.
MarketsYou can't forget about Greece, though, especially with its rapidly shrinking economy, contracting at an annual rate of 7%.
Investment StrategyInvestors should take a look at the best and worst mid-cap growth funds.
Odds and EndsHappy Valentine's Day. Here's a song by U.K. shoegazer legends My Bloody Valentine.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV