NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Stay here all day for live coverage from the second and final day of the BIO CEO & Investor Conference.
The two-day conference, put on by BIO, the biotech industry's main lobbying group, typically spotlights small-cap biotech companies that are often shut out of investor conferences run by large investment banks.
Pfizer's (PFE) Dr. Mikael Dolsten, Head of Worldwide Research, kicks off the BIO conference this morning with a breakfast "fireside chat" at 8 am ET.Around the same time, Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX), CEO Ron Renaud will be speaking on CNBC. Given that he's pre-booked for the network likely means he won't be announcing the takeout deal investors have been pining for, but his comments on future plans for his company's hepatitis C drugs will be closely followed. Renaud presents at the BIO conference later this morning. Other noteworthy presenting companies Tuesday include Delcath Systems (DCTH), Keryx Pharmaceuticals (KERX), Oncothyreon (ONTY), Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) and Human Genome Sciences (HGSI). Gilead Sciences' (GILD) President John Milligan will also be featured in a "fireside chat" this afternoon. I have one-on-one meetings today with Acorda, BioMarin Pharmaceuticals (BMRN) and Affymax (AFFY) To make it easier to follow the news, debate and conversations expected to flow from this years BIO CEO confab, feel free to check in periodically to this live blog that will aggregate all tweets using the #BIOCEO2012 hashtag. An archive of tweets and comments from Day One of the BIO CEO conference is still available. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV