Griffin Land & Nurseries Inc. Stock Upgraded (GRIF)
- GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.88 versus -$1.08 in the prior year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food Products industry. The net income increased by 67.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.31 million to -$0.43 million.
- The gross profit margin for GRIFFIN LAND & NURSERIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 52.20%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -5.10% is in-line with the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.60, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that GRIF's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 0.55 is low and demonstrates weak liquidity.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $2.84 million or 25.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.