China Jo-Jo Drugstores, Inc. (NASDAQ:CJJD), a retail pharmacy chain in Zhejiang and Shanghai, today reported record revenue for the third quarter of fiscal year 2012 ended December 31, 2011. The Company will hold its earnings call on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Third Quarter Highlights:
- Revenue increased 42.1% to a record high of $25.64 million
- Gross profit increased 28.1% to $6.83 million
- Net income attributable to controlling interest decreased 29.7% to $1.57 million
- Two new stores opened during the quarter, bring the store number to 60 by the end of the quarter, compared with 49 a year ago.
Third Quarter Results
Revenue increased 42.1% to $25.64 million for the three months ended December 31, 2011, from $18.04 million for the three months ended December 31, 2010, primarily as a result of wholesale revenue from Zhejiang Jiuxin Medicine Co., Ltd. (“Jiuxin Medicine”) which was acquired in August 2011, and sales from new stores opened since December 31, 2010, offset by same-store sales decrease.Same-store sales decreased by $1.87 million, or 10.5%, period over period, mainly as a result of shifting certain non-retail sales from Hangzhou Jiuzhou Grand Pharmacy Chain Co., Ltd., which operates most of the Company’s pharmacies, to Jiuxin Medicine. Gross profit increased by 28.1% to $6.83 million from $5.33 million. Gross margin decreased from 29.5% to 26.6 % as a result of lower gross profit margin from Jiuxin Medicine’s wholesale activities. Selling expenses increased 86.9% to $2.50 million. The increase is primarily a result of operating 60 store locations as compared to 49 stores that we operated a year ago. Selling expenses as a percentage of our revenue increased from 7.4% to 9.7%. General and administrative expenses increased 77.2% to $2.18 million. General and administrative expenses as a percentage of our revenue increased from 6.8% to 8.5%. The increase is mainly attributable to the establishment of new subsidiaries in the last calendar year and expenses of being a public company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV