The final contributor to our revenue growth was the continued growth of our filler and topical products from Merz and Obagi. Revenue from this product category grew $370,000 or 31% in the fourth quarter 2011 compared to fourth quarter of 2010. The improvement in this product category is also having a favorable impact on the Cutera business as this type of product complements our laser and light-based products.
We believe that with our strength in sales management teams and new product offerings, we're well positioned for continued revenue growth. We currently have 29 sales territories in the United States and Canada and are planning to increase this team to approximately 34 by the end of 2012. We'll expand our team further if our sales performance supports it.
We closed the acquisition of Iridex's aesthetic business on February 2, and we welcome the Iridex employees to the Cutera family. We believe this business combination provides a great opportunity for us and are in the process of fully integrating this business into Cutera.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV