New Research: Voluntary Disclosure Produces Positive Returns For Shareholders
The study examined shareholders' response to a unique set of disclosures about climate change made by U.S. companies through CSRwire based on the following criteria:
- Companies' CSR releases meet the criteria of a voluntary disclosure since companies decide on the content, timing, and the dissemination (CSR in this case) of a disclosure.
- CSRwire is the global leader in disseminating news about corporate social responsibility and sustainability, currently with one-quarter of one million page views every month. This enabled the researchers to study a large sample of disclosures over several years for a wide range of industries made through a single channel.
- CSRwire conveys fresh information to users, a critical aspect of the University of California's research design. While the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) is another leading source of GHG data, "investors and others receive information on large companies' emissions at best nine to 10 months after year end, by which time other channels, including CSRwire, may have preempted much of the news content of that information."
"We were looking for information that relates to companies making voluntary disclosures and CSRwire had the largest collection of disclosures. CSRwire's archival content also allowed us to work with a few years' worth of comparative data because we wanted to be able to cover more than two years for stock market analysis," says Dr. Griffin.
"I am not aware of any other source of data across industries and companies that we could have used as efficiently for our research," he adds.To download the complete report, visit http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1995132 To speak to CSRwire CEO Joe Sibilia, email Editorial Director Aman Singh. CONTACT: Aman Singh, +1-212-231-2824, firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV