Updated from 5:16 p.m. ET to include latest share prices, additional information on Yingli Green Energy and Masco.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Ultra Clean Holdings (UCTT) surged in late trades on Monday after the maker of semiconductor capital equipment topped Wall Street's expectations in its latest quarter and gave a strong outlook.
Hayward, Calif.-based Ultra Clean said it earned $7.8 million, or 34 cents a share, in the three months ended Dec. 31. The latest results included a tax benefit of $6.4 million, or 28 cents a share. Backing out the gain, Ultra Clean would have earned 6 cents a share. Revenue totaled $86.9 million for the quarter, down 17.5% on a sequential basis.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 3 cents a share in the December period on revenue of $85.3 million. Analyst estimates typically exclude one-time items. Ultra Clean lifted its fourth-quarter guidance on Jan. 11, forecasting between breakeven results and a profit of 2 cents a share on revenue ranging from $85 million to $86 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV