The AT&T (T) and Savvis rival brought in sales of $283 million, an increase of 32% on the same period last year, beating Wall Street's estimate of $281.02 million.
Rackspace, which does not break out non-GAAP EPS, earned 18 cents per share on net income of $25 million, up from 10 cents per share and $13.5 million in the prior year's quarter. Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters were looking for earnings of 15 cents per share.
The numbers pushed shares of Rackspace up $2.36, or 4.79%, to $51.59 in extended trading."During the year we accelerated our revenue growth rate for the second year in a row and crossed one billion dollars in annual revenue, while simultaneously improving margins and returns," explained Lanham Napier, the Rackspace CEO, in a statement. Rackspace's total server count increased to 79,805, up from 78,717 in the prior quarter. Total customers climbed to 172,510, up from 161,422 at the end of the third quarter. -- Written by James Rogers in New York. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/jamesjrogers. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV