Logistics Services posted an operating loss of $0.6 million, compared to an operating profit of $2.0 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. The change in operating profit was due principally to lower highway and international intermodal volume cited above, and lower demand at its West Coast warehousing facilities.
Logistics Services – 2011 compared with 2010
|(dollars in millions)||2011||2010||Change|
|Operating profit margin||1.3||%||2.0||%|
Logistics Services revenue increased $30.8 million, or nine percent, in 2011 compared with 2010. This increase was principally due to higher intermodal volume, which grew seven percent, driven primarily by increased inland activity to support Matson’s China business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV