PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) (Crown), ( www.crowncork.com), a leading supplier of metal packaging products worldwide, announced today that it will install a second two-piece beverage can line in its existing facility in Bangi, Malaysia.
The new line is expected to be operational in the first quarter of 2013 and have an initial annual production capacity of approximately 650 million two-piece 33cl beverage cans. It will also be able to produce smaller diameter cans. The addition will bring the total capacity of the plant to more than 1.2 billion cans.
"Crown has been present in Malaysia for more than 30 years to service both local and international customers," said Jozef Salaerts, President of CROWN Asia-Pacific. "Demand for beverage cans in the country continues to increase, thanks to the many benefits it brings to brand owners and consumers alike. The additional capacity in our Bangi facility will ensure our customers are ready to meet that demand."
The Bangi facility is one of seven two-piece beverage can plants Crown operates in South East Asia. The company currently has one plant each in Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand as well three plants in Vietnam (one in Hanoi and two in Ho Chi Minh City).About Crown Holdings, Inc. Crown Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a leading supplier of packaging products to consumer marketing companies around the world. World headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.crowncork.com. For more information, contact: For editorial inquiries: Michael F. Dunleavy, Vice President of Corporate Affairs and Public Relations; Tel: (215) 698-5051; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For investors: Thomas A. Kelly, Senior Vice President Finance, Tel: (215) 698-5341, or Ed Bisno, Bisno Communications, Tel: (212) 717-7578. SOURCE Crown Holdings, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV