Roger Martin's Silly Defense of RIM: Opinion (Update1)
(Adds RBC analyst Mike Abramsky's price target and subsequent bearishness on the stock.)
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- One of the most well-known directors on Research In Motion's (RIMM) board for the last five years (at least within Canada) is Roger Martin, the dean of the University of Toronto Business School.
His semi-celebrity status within Canada is due to the fact that Martin is often portrayed as some kind of "management guru" who makes grand speeches or writes long essays in business magazines (
In addition to his directorship with RIM, Martin also serves on the boards of Thomson Reuters and the Skoll Foundation (headed by eBay (EBAY) co-founder and Canadian, Jeff Skoll). Martin also still actively consults with Procter & Gamble (PG).On Saturday,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV