Each of these companies has a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
Plains All American Pipeline
The energy transportation and storage company reported fourth-quarter earnings of $278 million, or $1.37 a share, last week. The performance was up from year-ago earnings of $142 million, or 67 cents a share."Q4 operating results were in-line with our forecast and above consensus expectations," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a report on Friday. "PAA appears poised to accelerate annual distribution growth to an estimated range of 7-9% over the next five years supported by (1) continued strength in the company's lease gathering business and (2) a growing opportunity set of crude infrastructure opportunities." Plains All American hit a 52-week high on Monday of $80.49. The stock's 52-week low of $54.90 was set on Oct. 4. Plains All American has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 17.75X; the average for pipeline companies is 57.92X. For comparison, MarkWest Energy (MWE) has a forward P/E of 21.24X and Chesapeake Midstream (CHKM)'s is 17.55X. Of the 14 analysts who cover the company, 12 consider Plains All American buy-rated. Two analysts gave the stock a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Plains All American an A+ grade with a buy rating and has a $91.28 price target on the shares. The stock has risen 9.56% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV