Market Vectors Vietnam ETF (VNM) -2.3%
The Vietnam ETF is stumbling to its third consecutive day of losses even as other corners of Asia push higher. Though discouraging, this type of performance is not surprising; it is common to see VNM move independent of other global markets.
In the event that VNM can stabilize, investors should keep an eye on the fund's 200-day moving average. This most recent decline began just as this level was tested. The fund has traded below this level for a year.
All prices as of 2:11 PM EST.Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV