- THOMSON-REUTERS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, THOMSON-REUTERS CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$1.70 versus $1.09 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 1248.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $224.00 million to -$2,572.00 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, THOMSON-REUTERS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $942.00 million or 13.01% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- The gross profit margin for THOMSON-REUTERS CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.00%. Regardless of TRI's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, TRI's net profit margin of -71.90% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
TheStreet Ratings Top 10 Rating Changes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts