PHILADELPHIA, Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- To respond to growing demand for beverage cans in China, Crown Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CCK) (Crown) ( www.crowncork.com) today announced plans to build a new two-piece beverage can plant in Nanning, the capital of Guangxi Province in Southern China. With a population of 6.6 million, this prefectural city is strategically located, bordering Guangdong to the East and Yunnan to the West.
The new plant is expected to be operational by the end of Q2 2013 and have an initial annual production capacity of 750 million two-piece 33cl aluminum beverage cans. The plant will also have the ability to produce 50cl beverage cans.
"We are seeing the shift to metal packaging increase as brand owners seek to expand the reach of what used to be 'local' products across different provinces," said Jozef Salaerts, President of CROWN Asia-Pacific. "The addition of the Nanning facility effectively expands our geographic footprint and allows us to better serve our customers."Crown currently has five beverage can plants operating in China. The company expects to begin production in Putian ( Fujian Province), Ziyang ( Sichuan Province) and Heshan ( Guangdong Province) in 2012. By mid-2013, plants in Changchun ( Jilin Province), XinXiang ( Henan Province) and Nanning will begin production, giving Crown eleven plants across China. About Crown Holdings, Inc. Crown Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, is a leading supplier of packaging products to consumer marketing companies around the world. World headquarters are located in Philadelphia, PA. For more information, visit www.crowncork.com. For more information, contact:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV