The Chief Executive Officers of MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ: MWIV) and Campus Crest Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCG) and the Chief Financial Officer of Horsehead Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: ZINC) are among the corporate executives named as the recipients of the twelfth annual “E-3 Awards,” presented by Emerald Asset Management at the Nineteenth Annual Emerald Groundhog Day Investment Forum. The Forum was held in Philadelphia on February 7, 2012.
Joseph Besecker, President of Emerald Asset Management commented, “We created this unique award to recognize leaders who epitomize the qualities that are inherent in the most successful business leaders – qualities that reflect an entrepreneurial spirit and a commitment to excellence,” adding, “The award’s name – E-3 – reflects these criteria: the Emerald Entrepreneurial and Excellence Award.” Joseph Garner, Director of Research for Emerald, commented, “These leaders have taken risks and fueled innovation. They have created jobs and built companies. They have bested their competitors and rewarded their employees and shareholders. They are leaders in every sense of the word.”
Through an intensive multi-faceted process, Emerald’s team of research analysts and portfolio managers identified corporate leaders who have demonstrated:
- A creative “outside the box” approach to corporate achievement;
- An entrepreneurial approach that maximizes human initiative;
- A corporate culture that promotes personal and corporate excellence;
- A demonstrated record of accomplishment: creating jobs, stimulating growth, and enhancing shareholder value; and
- An ability to effectively identify and adapt cutting-edge technologies and processes.
The 2012 winners of the E-3 Award are:Public Company Executive Award :
- James F. Cleary Jr., Chief Executive Officer and Mary Patricia Thompson, Chief Financial Officer, MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ: MWIV)
- M. Michelle Berrey, Chief Medical Officer, Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ: VRUS)
- Robert D. Scherich, Chief Financial Officer, Horsehead Holding Corp. (NASDAQ: ZINC)
- Ted W. Rollins, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer and Michael S. Hartnett, Co-Founder and Chief Investment Officer, Campus Crest Communities, Inc. (NYSE: CCG)