Goodyear Tire & Rubber
More cars and trucks on the road mean more demand for Goodyear Tire & Rubber's (GT) eponymously named tires. You can see the industry upswing in the company's bottom line, as EPS surged from 50 cents in 2010 to likely more than $2 in 2011.
Analysts at Citigroup see EPS hitting nearly $3 by next year. "Following significant underperformance in the shares over the past 12 months, we believe the risk/reward of Goodyear may be poised to tilt favorably, as the stock appears out of favor," note the analysts, with as $22 target price, which equates to almost 60% upside from current levels.Goodyear, one of Appaloosa Management's holdings as of the most recently reported period, shows up on a list of 12 Stocks to Buy for 2012.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV