Lear (LEA) aims to show investors that the scary days of 2008 and 2009 are receding in the rear-view mirror. Even with the challenges in Europe along, Lear is so bullish on its ability to hold its own now and thrive in coming years that it's loosening up the checkbook.
Instead of preserving its $1.1 billion in net cash for the next tough period, the company announced in January that it will hike capital spending around $300 million in 2012. That should help to sharply boost free cash flow in 2013 and beyond as those current investments bear fruit.Lear is also looking to shrink the share count, hiking an existing $300 million share buyback program up to $700 million. That appears to be a wise move considering shares trade for less than four times trailing EBITDA. Lear, one of John Paulson's holdings as of the most recently reported period, is one of the highest-yielding automotive stocks, with a current yield of 1.1%. Follow @stockpickr
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV