Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced today that it has completed the sale of $3.0 billion of senior notes. The offering generated net proceeds of approximately $2.97 billion, which FCX expects to use plus cash on hand to redeem its outstanding 8.375% Senior Notes due 2017. Annual interest cost savings associated with the refinancing will total approximately $160 million.Following is a summary of the three new tranches of debt, which will have an aggregate weighted interest cost of approximately 3.0%:
|1.40% Senior Notes (1)||$0.5 Billion||Due February 13, 2015|
|2.15% Senior Notes (2)||$0.5 Billion||Due March 1, 2017|
|3.55% Senior Notes (3)||$2.0 Billion||Due March 1, 2022|
(1) Priced at 99.857% to yield 1.449%
(2) Priced at 99.880% to yield 2.175%
(3) Priced at 99.747% to yield 3.580%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV