The energy company reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $5.1 billion, or $2.58 a share, a fall from year-ago earnings of $5.3 billion, or $2.64 a share."CVX shares outperformed both peers and the S&P 500 last year and in the last 5- and 10-year periods; given CVX's high oil leverage and substantial financial strength, we think this trend is likely to continue and may even accelerate," Oppenheimer analysts wrote in a Jan. 31 report. "Higher oil prices enable CVX to accelerate dividend growth, increase share buybacks and make acquisitions, while large cash balance provides a cushion against lower commodity prices and enables Chevron to internally fund major capital projects." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 3.1% Rated "A (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 15.51% from the previous year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $139.61. The stock closed Monday at $106.38.
Visa The credit card company reported last week first-quarter earnings of $1 billion, or $1.49 a share, which rose from $884 million, or $1.23 a share, a year earlier. Rated "A (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's first-quarter gross profit margin is about the same as a year ago. Visa is extremely liquid. Its Quick Ratio is 2.58, which shows it can meet its short-term cash needs. In the first quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 6.89% from the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $137.51. The stock closed Monday at $112.71.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV