SUNBURY, Pa., Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE: WMK), a Pennsylvania-based supermarket company, today announced it has entered into an agreement to purchase three Genuardi's locations from Safeway Inc.
The stores are located at: 200 Ridge Pike in Conshohocken, 13 Old Dublin Pike in Doylestown and 25 West Germantown Pike in Norristown.
The stores will continue to operate as Genuardi's prior to the completion of the sale."We're extremely pleased to be adding these stores to our store base," said Weis Markets' President and CEO David J. Hepfinger. "We look forward to serving these communities as the lead local merchant as we have in 33 counties throughout Central, Eastern and Northeastern Pennsylvania. We will also be reaching out to the associates of these stores to discuss employment with our company." About Weis MarketsFounded in 1912, Weis Markets is marking its 100th year of operation in 2012. It currently operates 161 stores in Pennsylvania, Maryland, New York, New Jersey and West Virginia. For more information about Weis Markets, Inc., please visit www.weismarkets.com. Connect with Weis Markets on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WeisSuperMarket. Follow Weis Markets on Twitter @weismarkets. SOURCE Weis Markets, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV