DALLAS, Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Southwest Securities, Inc. today announced the addition of two experienced traders to the firm's taxable fixed income division. David Cohen joined the firm's agency trading department in New York City, while Brian Rellstab joined the corporate trading desk in Dallas, Texas.
"We have always made it a priority to seek only the most talented professionals to join our team and the addition of David and Brian certainly fits this strategy. We are proud to welcome them on board as we continue to expand our successful taxable fixed income business," said Daniel Leland, Executive Vice President and Head of Taxable Fixed Income for Southwest Securities.
"While other firms are reducing headcount, Southwest Securities remains committed to growing our corporate, agency and mortgage-backed sales and trading staffs across the country," Mr. Leland said. "We continue to pursue opportunities to add highly-qualified, experienced professionals to our team and are pleased at the success we are seeing in those efforts."
Mr. Cohen most recently served with RBC in New York City where he spent 10 years in agency trading. Prior to his time with RBC, he spent six years with Tucker Anthony. Mr. Rellstab joins Southwest Securities having previously spent 17 years trading corporate debt at A.G. Edwards in St. Louis.Southwest Securities, Inc., a member of NYSE, FINRA and SIPC, provides securities brokerage, investment banking and securities clearing services to a broad range of individual, corporate, public and industry clients. The firm is a wholly owned subsidiary of SWS Group, Inc. (NYSE: SWS), a financial services holding company whose stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol, SWS.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV