CHARLESTON, S.C., Feb. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bank of South Carolina Corporation (Nasdaq: BKSC) (the "Company"), parent holding company of The Bank of South Carolina (the "Bank"), has been recognized as number one in overall performance by the Financial Management Consulting Group (FMC) in their 2011 Year End South Carolina Bank Performance Report. This is the second year that the Bank has received this recognition. FMC compiles the report using data from FFIEC Call Reports obtained from SNL Financial. Among the ratios used in the ranking are Return on Assets, Return on Equity, Asset Quality and Efficiency.
Hugh C. Lane, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company stated, "We are pleased to be recognized again by FMC. This ranking reflects our commitment to sticking to basic banking principles which has rewarded the Company with strong capital, liquidity, earnings and asset quality, all key strengths for a bank. Every employee of the Company can feel extraordinarily proud of this. Each employee makes a valuable contribution to our success."
The Bank of South Carolina, a De Novo Charter, which opened in 1987 at 256 Meeting Street, has offices in Summerville, Mt. Pleasant, and the West Ashley community. Our website is www.banksc.com. Bank of South Carolina Corporation currently trades its common stock on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol "BKSC". Select market makers for Bank of South Carolina Corporation Common Stock are: Knight Equity Markets, LP and USB Securities, LLC.
SOURCE Bank of South Carolina
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV