NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The 2012 BIO CEO & Investor Conference kicks off this morning here at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel.
The two-day conference, put on by BIO, the biotech industry's main lobbying group, typically spotlights small-cap biotech companies that are often shut out of investor conferences run by large investment banks.
Biotech companies scheduled to present today include Celsion Pharmaceuticals (CLSN), Cyclacel Pharmaceuticals (CYCC), Chelsea Therapeutics (CHTP), Navidea Biopharmaceuticals (NAVB), Galena Biopharma (GALE), Titan Pharmaceuticals (TTNP) and Oxigene (OXGN).Today's agenda also includes panel discussions on cancer clinical trials, the "beta amyloid debate" in Alzheimer's disease drug research and biotech financing. On Tuesday, biotech and drug presenters include Delcath Systems (DCTH), Keryx Pharmaceuticals (KERX), Oncothyreon (ONTY), Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR) and Idenix Pharmaceuticals (IDIX). Gilead Sciences' (GILD) President John Milligan will also be featured in a "fireside chat." To make it easier to follow the news, debate and conversations expected to flow from this years BIO CEO confab, feel free to check in periodically to this live blog that will aggregate all tweets using the #BIOCEO2012 hashtag. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV