The Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences (AIAS), GameStop Corp. (NYSE: GME), and The Guildhall at Southern Methodist University are proud to announce that Closure was awarded the top prize at the third annual Indie Game Challenge. The winning team was named on the closing night of the annual D.I.C.E. ™ (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit at the Red Rock Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
“A common theme at D.I.C.E. 2012 is that gaming is entering a new Golden Era,” said Adam Sessler, host of G4’s X-Play. “Independent development has played a critical role as a source of creativity and original IP for the game industry. With the continued growth of downloadable titles on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, cloud, social and mobile platforms these indie developers are in the vanguard. They are the lifeblood of the industry. Checking out this year's finalists, I could not have expected a crop of higher quality games.”
Sessler served as host of the 2012 IGC awards ceremony for his third year. Attendees of the event ranged from an assortment of video game executives from top publishing companies to developers, some of the most influential games media and the ten finalist teams.
This year’s IGC was launched in June, 2011 and the entrants were culled down to ten in mid-January, 2012. All ten teams have had their games showcased during the D.I.C.E. Summit, offering a chance to interact with some of the biggest names in the industry as they demonstrated their titles and their new concepts and designs for a panel of industry judges.The full list of winners and awards include: $100,000 Grand Prize Winner
- Closure was submitted by San Diego-based Eyebrow Interactive and the three-person team consisting of: Tyler Glaiel, team leader; Jon Schubbe, art/animation; and Chris Rhyne, sound/music. Closure is a unique and stylistic puzzle platformer that focuses on the concepts of light and shadow. Players are challenged to manipulate lights to effectively change the shape of the world they're in and bring gameplay objects in and out of existence.
- Technical Achievement ($2,500): Symphony
- Achievement in Art Direction ($2,500): The Bridge
- Achievement in Gameplay ($2,500): The Bridge
- Gamer’s Choice Award ($2,500): Nitronic Rush
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV