10 Used Cars to Check Out Before Buying New
5. Acura RSX
Trim: Two-door sport coupe
Original MSRP: $21,330
KBB private party value: $5,580
Retained value: 26.2%
Acura's the only luxury marque to make KBB's list, and it took a car that hasn't existed in six years to put it there.
Once known as the Acura Integra, the RSX took its new moniker in 2002 as Acura tried to play the alphanumeric game with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Lexus. The RSX is a zippy little two-door that cranks an impressive 200 horsepower out of its 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine but still clings to the comforts of its luxury line.
All RSX models came with automatic climate control, sport seats, a power moonroof, a leather-wrapped steering wheel and a then-amazing in-glass radio antenna standard, with some getting a Bose stereo system as an upgrade.It's not as powerful as a true performance car and not as plush as some of its luxury competitors, but the RSX gets a combined 26 miles per gallon and has reliability uncommon in most luxury brands. Picking up a loaded NSX for less than $6,000 will make buyers stand out, especially since the model hasn't been made since 2006. But it'll also make them pretty savvy.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV