Story updated with Apple's stock hitting new record above $500 during Monday's trading session
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 has rallied 6.6% in the first six weeks of the year, with Apple (AAPL) leading the charge. But not every stock in all leading industry has come along for the ride. That means investors can find opportunities in some of the laggards.
Professional investors, including TheStreet's Doug Kass, have joked that this is an "NBA" stock market: Nothing But Apple. That's because the maker of the iPhone and the iPad has seen its stock go parabolic, rising day after day to new all-time highs. Apple shares are up 23% this year and hit a record $503.83 on Monday, the first time the stock has crossed the $500 level.
10. Amazon.com (AMZN) Company Profile: Amazon is the largest Internet retailer. The company also produces the popular Kindle eBook reader and the Kindle Fire tablet. Share Price: $185.48 Potential Upside: 13% based on a price target of $210 On Feb. 1, after Amazon reported disappointing results for the fourth quarter, JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth cut his price target for Amazon to $210 from $235, although he maintained the firm's "overweight" rating on the stock. "We believe Amazon's
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV