Story updated with Apple's stock hitting new record above $500 during Monday's trading session
BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The S&P 500 has rallied 6.6% in the first six weeks of the year, with Apple (AAPL) leading the charge. But not every stock in all leading industry has come along for the ride. That means investors can find opportunities in some of the laggards.
Professional investors, including TheStreet's Doug Kass, have joked that this is an "NBA" stock market: Nothing But Apple. That's because the maker of the iPhone and the iPad has seen its stock go parabolic, rising day after day to new all-time highs. Apple shares are up 23% this year and hit a record $503.83 on Monday, the first time the stock has crossed the $500 level.
10. Amazon.com (AMZN) Company Profile: Amazon is the largest Internet retailer. The company also produces the popular Kindle eBook reader and the Kindle Fire tablet. Share Price: $185.48 Potential Upside: 13% based on a price target of $210 On Feb. 1, after Amazon reported disappointing results for the fourth quarter, JPMorgan analyst Doug Anmuth cut his price target for Amazon to $210 from $235, although he maintained the firm's "overweight" rating on the stock. "We believe Amazon's [gross merchandise value] growth likely remains strong and is growing faster than revenue, and that Amazon's shift toward third-party is at least temporarily (but perhaps longer) depressing revenue and raising margins," Anmuth wrote. "We think we could see some further weakness in Amazon shares in the very near term, but we'd view further pull-backs as buying opportunities."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV