Each of these companies gets a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The pharmaceutical company is scheduled to reports its fourth-quarter results on March 6. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of 9 cents a share on $38.64 million in revenue."The Company is also steadily building an impressive pipeline of new product opportunities through internal development, product in-licensing and accretive acquisitions," Craig Hallum analysts wrote in a Jan. 18 report. "With uncertainty surrounding management's initial (and typically conservative) view of the new fiscal year's financial performance now out of the way, we encourage investors to get on board for what we believe should be another enjoyable ride." Shares of Akorn hit a 52-week high Friday of $12.44. The stock's 52-week low of $4.97 was set on March 15. Akorn is trading at a forward price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 21.35X; the average for pharmaceutical companies is 18.99X. For comparison, Medicis Pharmaceutical (MRX) and ViroPharma (VPHM) both have lower forward P/Es of 18.77X and 17.01X respectively. Of the five analysts who cover Akorn, four rated it a buy. One analyst gave the stock a sell rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Akorn a B grade and $15.28 price target. The stock has risen 10.7% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV