The stock has also risen 23% since January.
Reports that consumer electronics giant would be releasing an iPad 3 next month sent Apple's stock soaring to new highs. The updated tablet will have better graphics, a faster processor and a higher resolution display, according to The Wall Street Journal.
Apple's gains came in spite of labor protests demanding that the company change its working conditions in Chinese factories, as well as the release of Steve Jobs' FBI file.But will Apple pass the elusive $500 benchmark this month? Only time will tell. Take our poll and let us know your thoughts!
>To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/Ozoran. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV