ORLANDO, Fla., Feb. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Olive Garden has long been a place for celebration and sharing special moments with loved ones. Today, in honor of the national holiday of amore, Olive Garden announced its Sweetheart Sweepstakes. Now through February 19, individuals can enter to win a once-in-a-lifetime trip for two to Italy on the restaurant's Facebook page ( facebook.com/OliveGarden).
"We value everyone as family and friends, and that means trying to make our guests' experiences truly memorable," said Jay Spenchian, executive vice president, Olive Garden. "Through this sweepstakes, we'll offer a fortunate couple the opportunity to experience everything that Olive Garden loves about Italy: the delicious food and wine, generosity and hospitality of its people and even a little romance."
Pack Your Bags for Two One winner and guest will fly into Rome, known for its rich history and architecture, to begin a seven-night getaway. During the week, winners will travel to Florence, Renaissance epicenter and capital of Tuscany, to continue their Italian adventure. The prize will include hotel accommodations and meals to help complete the romantic retreat. Olive Garden is also offering individuals an opportunity to win a daily $25 gift card to the restaurant when they enter the sweepstakes.
Table for Two A recent OpenTable survey revealed that 35 percent of diners find Italian cuisine the most romantic Valentine's Day dinner choice. Olive Garden is inviting guests to come into their local restaurant with their loved ones for a delicious Italian dinner. For a limited time, guests can enjoy a three-course meal for $12.95* which includes:
- A choice between unlimited homemade soup or salad and breadsticks
- One of five new entrees, such as Smoked Chicken Mozzarella
- One of five Dolcini desserts, such as Amaretto Tiramisu or Limoncello Mousse
- A Philadelphia couple who remembers their second date, where they stayed until closing time at Olive Garden 13 years ago, as "one of their best nights out ever"
- A Cincinnati woman who remembers her grandparents dining at Olive Garden every Friday for more than 15 years and celebrating their 61st wedding anniversary at the restaurant
- A Los Angeles couple who first met over a blind date and fell in love at Olive Garden, who now spends every wedding anniversary at the restaurant