The world's largest copper and molybdenum producer, Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) is another firm that increased its dividend payout on Tuesday. The firm raised its payouts by 25%, bringing its quarterly dividend to 31 cents per share. That's a 2.2% yield at current share price levels.
Freeport produces around 12% of the world's copper output, a scale that affords the firm an attractive market position for the metal. The combination of absolutely staggering copper production along with exposure to precious metals (gold) and rare earths (molybdenum) gives Freeport an attractive level of diversification for a metals miner. While the three are likely to see prices move more or less aligned with one another, with demand for all three metals driven by completely different buyers, Freeport does have some protection here.More recently, high metals prices have generated strong performance for Freeport, even if output volumes haven't been as high as the firm had originally planned. This firm should have no difficulty maintaining its dividend payouts for the foreseeable future. Freeport shows up on recent lists of 10 Stocks JPMorgan Says May Rise Up to 58% and Stocks in Bottoming Sectors Primed for a 2012 Bounce.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV