NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Tuesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Monday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Microsoft (MSFT), Wynn Resorts (WYNN), Marathon Oil (MRO), Centerpoint Energy (CNP), Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM), Black Hills (BKH) and MarketAxess (MKTX).
Each of the stocks gets a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
MicrosoftThe software company last month posted better-than-expected second-quarter earnings, but missed on Windows 7 sales. Microsoft posted an adjusted profit of 77 cents a share on sales of $19.95 billion, up from profit of 74 cents a share on sales of $19 billion in the year-ago quarter. Analysts were expecting EPS of 68 cents and revenue of $19.14 billion. Microsoft's entertainment division saw 55% growth in the quarter thanks to holiday sales of the Kinect for Xbox 360, Xbox Live subscriptions and Xbox games. Shares of Microsoft reached a 52-week high Thursday of $30.80. "MSFT stock is more about upcoming Win 8 release and how the perception of the defensibility of the Win/Office franchise could change," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report Friday. "At ~8x PE ex-cash and ~3% div yield, MSFT screens as top 3 defensive in uncertain macro. We reiterate Buy and $33 PO." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.6% Rated "A- (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's second-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same as the prior year. Microsoft is extremely liquid. Its Quick Ratio is 2.58, which demonstrates that it can meet its short-term cash needs. In the second quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 32.26% from the previous year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $34.59. The stock closed Friday at $30.50 and has risen 17.49% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV