Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS), a global branded play company, is once again leading innovation across the gaming industry with the launch of Hasbro zAPPed Gaming. These new games will allow players to combine traditional analog, face-to-face gaming with the increased functionality of today’s consumer technology.
Hasbro introduces a whole new way to game that merges digital gaming and a game board with the release of THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed on February 10, 2012. (Photo: Business Wire)
In 2012, Hasbro zAPPed games will kick off a new era of gaming with three iconic brands – THE GAME OF LIFE, MONOPOLY and BATTLESHIP. Elements of these games will come to life when apps on iOS devices join with a game board to create a unique social twist on the digital gaming experience.
“Knowing that families are more attached than ever to their mobile devices, we wanted to revolutionize face-to-face gaming with our world famous brands and our proprietary technology to create a unique gaming experience,” said Eric Nyman, Global Brand Leader for Hasbro Gaming.
The first game to hit store shelves is THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed, which will be available on February 10, 2012. With more than 100 laugh-out-loud clips from “America’s Funniest Videos” mixed with humorous animations, the game provides a new spin on the beloved classic game. Simply download the THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed app onto the iPad, cue up the game, place the iPad on the game board, and watch as game comes to life on each turn as you travel around the game board. Players can create and upgrade their own Peg Person and spin THE GAME OF LIFE zAPPed virtual spinner in the accompanying iPad app.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV