The industrial and commercial products company reported Wednesday fourth-quarter earnings of $242.2 million, or 76 cents a share, an increase from year-earlier earnings of $212.1 million, or 62 cents."In our view, the company set expectations relatively low heading into the next year after underperformance through '11," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report on Thursday. "In particular, we think IR is more conservative than its peers on NA non-residential construction and truck sectors, as well as global industrial capex, which creates room for positive surprises in '12." Ingersoll-Rand was upgraded to a buy from a hold by TheStreet Ratings. The company has a forward P/E of 10.38. Analysts were split on Ingersoll-Rand with 11 rating it a hold and another 11 giving it a buy rating. One analyst ranked Ingersoll-Rand a sell. Ingersoll-Rand gets a B grade from TheStreet Ratings with a $43.88 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $37.93 and has increased 24.48% year to date.
Kimco Realty The real estate investment trust reported Wednesday fourth-quarter earnings of $31.6 million, or 8 cents a share, an increase from year-earlier earnings of $22.2 million, or 2 cents a share. Kimco Realty was upgraded to a buy from a hold by TheStreet Ratings. The company has a forward P/E of 53.29; the average for retail REITs is 57.58. For comparison, Realty Income (O) has a lower forward P/E of 34.48 and Macerich (MAC) has a forward P/E of 54.44. Twelve of the 21 analysts who cover Kimco Realty rated it a hold. Eight analysts gave the company a buy rating and one rated it a sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Kimco Realty a B grade and $21.78 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $18.65 and has risen 14.84% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV